The students attending DCW need to abide by the following rules and regulations at all times, during their stay in the College:
The students need to wear the following as part of the uniform:
- Reddish Maroon Shirt ¾ cuff sleeves (check pipens on shirt)
- White Shalwar
- White dupatta with matching faculty check pipen
- Deep Charcoal grey sweater / shawl (as winter wear)
- Closed black shoes
- College monogram on the shirt pocket (Right side)
- College ID Card on faculty colour string
Note: For students' convenience all the above are available (on payment) at the College uniform shop and the ID card shall be issued by the College.
- The College gates will be closed for the students at 7:55 am sharp.
- Late arrival is not permitted and will not be excused except any emergency.
- Prompt departure from the College at 2:10pm is encouraged.
- Attending all scheduled classes / practical is mandatory for all students.
- Students are not allowed to miss any class / practical for any reason.
- At least 75% attendance is mandatory for appearing in Board/University examination, failing which examination form will be with held.
- Absence from College for personal reasons / illness should be intimated through an application.
- Medical certificate is to be submitted promptly in case of an illness.
- A fine of Rs 125/- per day will be charged in case of an uninformed leave.
- One month's absence without any intimation to the College will lead to suspension from the College.
- For the students' safety they are not allowed to leave the College except in case of an emergency. In such a case only parents can come to fetch their daughter. Parents will have to present some valid personal identification.
- The College will remain closed on all gazetted holidays during summer / winter vacation. Announcement in this regard will be made by the College Administration.
- Students must wear their College identity card at all times.
- Carrying / using cellular phone, MP3 Player and any electronic gadget is not allowed. If confiscated, these items would not be returned.
- Students indulging in rowdyism, damaging College property, furniture and soft boards will be penalized for such misconduct.
- Academic silence and discipline is to be observed in and around the College during lecture hours and at all times in the library.
- Expressing disrespect by word or deed for the College, its property and its rules or disfiguring the College will be dealt with strictly.
- Distributing undesirable printed material / books / magazines is not allowed.
- Consistently poor academic performance will lead to a student's expulsion.
- Endangering the safety of others, dishonoring self / others will be strictly penalized.
- The College reserves the right to amend and revise its rules and regulations as and when it deems appropriate.
- The College management reserves the right to expel any student found contravening any of these rules and regulations.
Note: Students and their parents / guardians are advised to acquaint themselves with this code of conduct for compliance.